Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Why I no blog. Hmm. Not so sure. I have a few excuses, no real ligit reasons. Well, maybe a few well constructed reasons. I have jello between my ears. Not in my ears mind you, that would be ear wax. The Jello resides deep within the gray matter. Solidified by fatigue the Jello is rendered uneatable by prolonged lace of stimulation, of perhaps it is an over abundance of stimulation. My recent days have been lacking too many naps and overflowing with way more activities than my norm of one event per week. There have been times in the last few weeks when I was subjected to as many as three events in one single day. Can you imagine? One like myself with such limited event-functionality, forced to take part and even perhaps initiate up to three events a day? Wow.

Whine, whine, whine. that is what I would tell someone else. SUCK IT UP for Pete's sake.

In one week I went to Ohio, twice, once for an overnight; once with my dad. For a funeral of a close friend. Earlier that week the vet was here twice, once to inseminate my black Paint mare. The semen was supposed to come on Tuesday of that week, but was lost in a tornado in Tennessee, so it came a day late. Multiple phone calls were involved in locating the package, and then rescuing it from the inclement weather and getting it to Pittsburgh and then to my home, at by the way 12:30am. Also, that Saturday I hosted a baby shower for my upcoming grandson, Kaleb Daniel Kimmel. He would be Allen and his girlfriend Stacey's baby. We had almost 30 ladies at Benjamin's Restaurant for lunch. Multiple phone calls were required to pull off that event. God, however is in the process of doing a great work in Allen's heart. He got to see his new son in a four dimensional sonogram last Thursday. They were in West Penn Hospital. I was privilege to get to spend some time with the (three) of them, one inutero, that same Thursday. My friend JS was with me as I had an appointment of my own at Magee Woman's hospital with an endocrinologist. Hyperthyroidism. You know, fatigue, nervousness, rapid heartbeat, sleeplessness. Minor health issues added to a myriad of other minor health issues; fortunately some of them doubled up. So I got to be twice as tired, have twice as much trouble sleeping, and had to take extra meds for anxiety. Complaining aren't I .

However, let it be in known it all things, at all times our God reigns supreme. He alone is almighty. He is in control from the smallest to the greatest detail of every second of my life. Despite all the craziness, my joy has been made full. I was able with help of a few close friends pull of the baby shower of the century. I was given the physical strength and the financial ability to spend much good time with dear friends during the time immediately following the loss of their father. I did get my horse bred, though the insemination did not "take" we are trying again this week. More to come later.

4 comments:

Roberto said...

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Vicki said...

Lost the semen in a tornado... not many women can say THAT!
Glad you're back...

Roberto said...

Tori, Tori, Tori... always dragging the conversation down into the gutter. Where's my t-shirt spreadsheet?!?

Sandy kimmel said...

Ahh, I love you guys