Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I took Allen and Stacey to Pittsburgh for a Dr's appointment at the OB clinic. Everything was good with the baby. The DR even has her content to wait maybe two more weeks to have the baby. Kaleb Daniel Kimmel. The whole trip seemed pretty OK. We had some laughs; they are both fun to be with. I found myself letting my guard down and yakking family gossip. Nothing malicious mind you. Stacey invited me into the room when they were doing the non-stress test, a monitoring of the baby's movements and any possible contractions. You can hear the heartbeat and him sloshing around in utero. We stopped for lunch on the way home and they thanked me over and over. I have to admit I was pretty whooped when I got home around 2:30. I napped till around five and then went to the barn to feed the horses. It felt good to walk into the barn and inhale that familiar smell. Anyone who loves horses knows the musky odor of hay and horse and manure. It is almost like a calming drug.

Later after dinner Drew asked me for a check I had in my car that belonged to him. I remember sliding in inside an envelope thinking, "better not push my luck." My traveling companions have been known to have sticky fingers. Digging through my bag and later rifling under the seats in the car, I began to feel a little sick. Back inside and into my purse. I am pretty sure there was a new credit card, a replacement for an expiring one in a side zipper. Truthfully, either the check or the credit card could have been misplaced by me. I looked in my barn office where I keep some financial stuff, for the cards (there were two of the same) not there either. Hummm. I hope I am forgetful, not stupid. And now maybe a bit brokenhearted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.