Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ratatouille with Jer

Watching a movie with Jer, Drew is in Harrisburg at the PA Farm Show. He went with a good friend of ours. So with Ned in town at his new digs Jer and I are home alone. We spent extra time in the barn. I had to doctor up my two black horses. Zulu's old wound on her hind leg has been acting up, it was quite a nasty cut originally, I thought it was all healed up, but seems like it has reopened and gotten sore again. I cleaned it up, disinfected it, and have been keeping it wrapped. All that takes extra time and energy. With Dory needing her leg hosed down for fifteen minutes every day twice a day, I am thinking I am running a hospital instead of a stable. I guess it is the same either way. I am caring for those I love. My baby Mia should be going to Ohio this weekend and I will be down to a simple six horses. I am looking forward to an easier time of it. I remember back when I had only two, or a few horses. Life was much simpler, less work, and certainly less heartbreaking. I am not sure how to reconcile with my losses. As I am said before I know they are not human, but my animals are such a part of my life. They are large animals you know. I am getting sleepy and my creativity is waining. Maybe there are no words to say what I am feeling.

Oohh, the power plant is making a really loud noise. I DO NOT like living so close to it. It almost sounds like it blew up or something. Sometimes it blows off steam or something. I sounded like a tornado, you know like a train in the back yard. Over now, but very creepy. VERY! Tonight was the loudest I have ever heard it, and all the windows and doors are closed.

Like I was saying before, its not like I am getting rid of any of the horses I have, but sometimes I miss the easier days. Between breaking my collar bone and getting the thyroid trouble this spring, I wear out so much quicker than in the past. The past week I have had the whole bruised rib thing to contend with, though I am thinking it is on the mend. Problem is when I am in the barn I think I should be doing stuff in the house; when I am in the house I am thinking about all the stuff in the barn I should be doing. I do need to figure out a plan to get something done somewhere so I am not so overwhelmed all the time.

I want us all to start praying regular like for John Shilling, Janet's middle child, younger son. Unless we get the miracle we hope for he will be having open heart surgery later this month, on the seventeenth I believe. He has problems with his aorta artery. Not quite a blockage but a tightening, or closing of a section of that main artery that runs from the heart. I love him like a grandson/nephew depending on the day and how old I feel that day. Of course Janet calls me grandma Sandy, so I guess that tells the tale. Maybe I can get her to post the link for the medical site that describes the problem so we could all pray more specifically. I have it somewhere. I can look too I guess...

Something happened in my family this weekend that I am going to have to deal with, can't go into it. I know that is cheap, but I need prayer and wisdom. I hate confrontation, or adjusting someone else. I don't suppose there are any of us that love either. Huh? But I will be held accountable for what I do not stand up for. Can I end with a preposition like that? 'course grammar rules are not typically one of my concerns are they. Just my little way to make light and change the subject. I need to start laying down some of the stuff that stresses me. Like this thing I have to confront "someone" on. The work in the house and barn, with moving and all I have to cut our possessions, junk down by like sixty-plus percent. No pressure there. OK, now I AM rambling. Good nite dear friends.
Oh, great little movie by the way.

Fisherman John at Grandma Sandy's pond

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live near a power plant too. I remember the first time it let off steam, it freaked me out. Then I got used to it, and now I kinda like it... I also like the sound of the train when it goes by. The power plant letting off steam sounds like a hot air balloon going over your house. I don't know if you have ever had a hot air balloon go over your house but when I was growing up we lived on a farm and the balloons would land in the fields near my house. We always saw the balloons going overhead. I really want to go on a hot air balloon ride someday...

Anyway, I will keep you and John in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Sleep tight...
Vic

Roberto said...

A baguette is one of those long, thin loaves of French bread. I slice on the bias, and mix my concoction of garlic, olive oil, black pepper, and parmesan, and put on top, then toast until golden brown.

- - -

And the farm show! Lucky for me I make my hotel reservations well in advance, because folks going for meetings in Harrisburg this week and even next are getting stuck as hotels are getting full way, WAY out of the city!

- - -

Never lived too close to a power plant, so I have no idea what you two are talking about, but it does sound more jolting than relaxing, to me.

- - -

Thanks for the reminder about John! Keep reminding, well, at least me, because otherwise I'll tend to forget!

Sandy kimmel said...

Vic, no offense but you have some strange ideas about relaxation, trains yes, I agree. A large corporate owned tea kettle set on simmer 24 hours a day only a mile from my home is not my idea of a comfort zone, but to each her own.
Rob,
thanks for the cuisine tip, sounds yummy and only moderately fattening, its the olive oil that makes it all seem healthy.
I will make daily or, whenever I blog pleas for John. Isn't he just the cutest?