Thursday, January 31, 2008

M I A, not Mia...

Jer playing basketball
Friends from Canada

I am not missing in action, I am missing in inaction. I am dragging around, wallowing in my own crumbs...What the heck does that mean. Beats me, but I have been lax in my writing, not for lack of stuff to say, 'cause certainly God gives me reason to exude His praise or comment on His creation daily, hourly really. Nope, just laziness I guess. I have had a couple of relatively profound thoughts, a bit presumptious huh? Anyway, a couple, a few thoughts have wandered through my seething grey matter begging to be released into print; but alas, when the time comes to write I am just too darn tired. And the thought provoking ideas have vanished into mylan mush. Ha, Ha, that was funny.
God is so very good though. My chores are all finished for the morning. Even took Zulu for a walk up on the hill. Vet says a fifteen minute walk every day will help the swelling in her leg. Means I have one with a bad knee on stall rest: NO WALKING of any kind and one who needs walked every day to help heal her bad leg. Good thing our Good God allowed there to be Vets to keep it all straight for me. But my morning chores are done, I have dinner in the fridge, my dog is sleeping at my feet, yep on the couch so don't sit on it if you don't want dog cooties. Heh. I had a couple scrambled eggs for breakfast and they came out just how I like them; nice and yellow with not brown cripsy edges or anything. The phone only range four times while I was trying to eat them, so they were almost warm by the time I finished. Now I am down for a nap, early so theoretcially I can get up early and DO something. I am feeling at peace. Except my spell checker is not working today and I know Rob will find all my misspellings...I simply even after forty plus years of trying cannot spell and truthfully at this point I just do not care. Ahhh, that felt good to get off my chest. Now to nap. Jesus really makes me smile. 'Cause He loves me and I sure do not know why....

10 comments:

Roberto said...

Hey Sandy! Good to see you writing again!

This kind of weather makes me want to just lay around and read all day. Listen to some jazz, drink a pot of tea...

And I've become so accustomed to the Mac's universal/everywhere spell-check, that when I use my Windows machine, like now, I have remember to use my Google spell-check thing.

I'm in Altoona... Duncansville, actually. At the Comfort Inn. I'm meeting some friends for dinner, but I'm so comfortable, on my king-size bed, I want to just sleep, instead. I'm kind of excited because I get to watch LOST tonight, and my room has a little fridge and microwave, so I've got my caffeine-free diet Coke and some microwave popcorn, for that.

It takes very little, as you can see, to make me happy.

Guess I'd better freshen up and head to dinner! Keep writing! And walking your horse! And not walking the other horse!

Sandy kimmel said...

There is a Google spell check thing? Do tell more...

Anonymous said...

Well, tonight, we got locked out of our house. So, Sandy, please give someone ... at least one person ... a key to your house. And, not Robert (no offense) but, I don't think he is home enough to be of any use should we lock ourselves out again. :)

The boys are upstairs making a heck of a racket. Lily is in bed. I really need to go upstairs and put a cold rag on their jets. Like, an ice cold one.

Nice writing, Sandy. Nice pix too. Love you, Janet

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, I am having a similar problem. I love my new living room furniture so much, I could become a real hermit. I am just happy to relax and stay on the couch all day... not good...

Anyway, Kathie K. and I actually went on a vacation one year to Duncansville. There are a lot of antique shops in that area and we spent several days hitting all the shops... Good memories.

Better not give me a key either Sandy, I might have to get up off the couch... :)

Take care all.
Vic

Roberto said...

Google toolbar, Sandy. Good grief, Google has a tool for just about anything. You just go HERE and then scroll down to "Toolbar" and go from there.

If I had more time, I'd explore more of Google's tools. I'm starting to use the "notebook" feature, which is hooked into the toolbar.

- - -

Dinner was great! The couple has two big dogs (Labs) that act like cats, chasing a laser pointer. Appetizers, wine, a great dinner, and amazing deserts. And then back to the hotel room, for LOST. All day tomorrow across the parking lot at Hoss's, which is opening up two hours early for our small group.

- - -

I've almost finished a book I started at least a year ago: Stiff, and it's amazing. If you look at the Amazon page, you'll see it's listed under medicine, sociology, philosophy... good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, I went to Amazon and read as much of the book as they let me... Any chance I can borrow it when you are done? It is pretty interesting.
vic

Roberto said...

Saturday, 2 February 2008

It's weird: I either like Princess Grey, or Double Earl Grey, but not regular Earl Grey tea. At least not iced. The "princess" variety uses about half of the bergamot flavor, and the "double" variety obviously doubles it. I'm such a deep and complicated person, huh? The other factor is that, since I buy my tea loose, I sometimes measure differently, so who knows... I'm probably using twice the "princess" amount and half of the "double" amount, so it all tastes the same. Maybe I'm not deep and complicated, just dumb!

- - -

After a deep night's sleep, I woke up yesterday morning, had a great breakfast, and looked outside: freezing rain. Like, nearly a half-inch on the top and driver's side of my car, easily a quarter-inch on the passenger side.

My meeting was at the Hoss's, literally in the same parking lot, so I wasn't too worried. It had started to rain, so I figured most of it would be gone by the time we were finished.

Wrong, wrong... oh-so wrong. We ended early, as some folks had to drive back to Harrisburg, others to Pittsburgh, etceteras. They had closed the mall, in Altoona, which was a bad sign for us.

I spent the next 30 minutes chipping away at the ice on my car, trying to get those cracks, so that the surrounding areas will come off easily. Except the freezing rain started again, while my warm coat started getting increasingly waterlogged. Most of the other folks had SUV's, some BIG ones (two were driving Suburbans), and they had a LOT more to clear off than I did.

Getting through/across Cresson mountain was the worst, but I actually made it home in about the same amount of time it takes in nice weather... there were just fewer vehicles out. About half of the ones that were out, however, were zooming along like it was June. Four wheel drive doesn't help when you hit an ice patch (which there were plenty of)!

Anyway, I'm home, safe and warm. God is good... SO good to me!

Roberto said...

Hi, welcome to Robert's blog!

- - -

THIS BLOWS ME AWAY.

These kids seem awfully sanguine about posting this stuff on YouTube! "Cheat hear" breaks my heart. Then the next chick going on about "Yeah, I know cheating is, like, wrong, but so what..." attitude. And it gets worse, and weirder, from there.

Roberto said...

Hey Everyone: Sandy asked me to post here that she's currently without internet service, and may be so for the next few days, into next week. So don't worry, she's okay, it's just her internet that's not.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

So this officially is Robert's blog now since Sandy can't post!

Well I am coming along in my Excel knowledge thanks to my teacher. I might even know what I am doing this year when I do the YC spreadsheets...

Well gotta get ready for chuch...
Vic