Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tired of Sick

Today is John's surgery day, supposed to start around seven A.M. I haven't heard anything yet. I was supposed to go down this morning with Cynthia but with all the flu going on at our house we deemed it best if I stayed home. Jer was home sick from school Monday and Wednesday. Yesterday I spent the whole day sleeping, and eating ibuprofen to stave off the headache. Now, I am sitting here watching it snow while Drew sleeps in the couch. He was up sick last night, went to work for a while but now he is back home. The TV has been on for several hours which about drives me nuts, but whatever. I have the FOOD channel on. I swear I get fatter just watching Paula cook. She uses a stick of real butter in EVERYTHING she prepares.
Anyway, I am anxious to hear from Cynthia or someone.
I have chicken thawing in the kitchen, gonna make some soup.

Mia and boarding school...she should learn to stand still when she is supposed to, move forward when I want her too, allow me to sit in the saddle and go anywhere I want her too. She is at a Paso Fino farm so she should be taught to travel in the right gait, meaning she won't bounce me to death. Hopefully when she comes home I we will be able to travel the trails and have a blast. The folks where she is use the trails for much of their training, exposing her to all sorts of fun stuff, streams, roads, bikes, cars, kids; all the things that spook a horse. I did get an email from the little girl who is training her and she said she was doing real well. Drew is leaving, later...

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Sorry to hear you guys are not feeling well. I've been hearing a lot of folks are sick. Can you post or email when you hear about how Jons doing? Thanks for your encouragement with Bunnie, I'm sure she'll be fine, she's just getting tired of having me scrub it and throws her head up out of my reach. Overall though she's being very good about it, she always seems to know when we're caring for her, you can see it in the eyes. I'm sure you know what I mean. Glad Mia's school is going O.K. We'll be praying you guys feel better,
Johanna

Sandy kimmel said...

Thanks Johanna, I appreciate the prayers. I will post about John later this evening.