Friday, January 19, 2007

Lazy Lady

I have been enjoying the increased freedom I have in the barn because of the hard word of my new stable boy. He is catching on quick and taking a big physical load off of my weary back. However, it might seem as though I am not using this freedom to continue down fledgling paths recently hewed from some severely overgrown forests. I had been enjoying a renewed interest and discipline in the areas of writing and of reading God's word. These new habits had been practiced primarily before, after, and during my barn time.

The last few evenings because of other commitments have not given time to creativity or study. The mornings when my new helper is here I have to felt released to go off to sit and write, or read. I know that is part of the goal behind his hiring. Not that I have wasted the extra time/energy combo; I have been able to care for some horsey needs that had been neglected. I took Zulu out today and let her run in the round pen. She enjoyed rolling and kicking up her heels. I also put a coat on Poco. His winter coat is thin and I wanted he and Buddy to spend the day outside. The temperature is mild but the snow would dampen his skin and he did not do well with cold and wet the last time he got cold and wet. Yesterday Sonny got some exercise and a little grooming. I also jacketed him up, more to keep him clean than any other reason.

I think I may need to meditate on the bow bending Scripture since my fatigue level seems to be much higher than usual. So for now I am going to take a nap.

2 comments:

Roberto said...

The humanistic psychologist in me says you shouldn't refer to yourself as "lazy" when you have a debilitating disease... unless your stable boy is doing all your work while you eat Belgium chocolates (it's okay if they're generic chocolates, however).

Anonymous said...

It is good to see how the Lord "has" and "is" providing all that you need; and it's exciting to hear how you are continually finding how to appropriate your time wisely. That is a wonderous thought. Oh that we could be victorious with this one. (That is why I have hope!)I think of the scripture in Eph. and am once again encouraged, because as the Lord helps me to be wise with 'my moments of breath' he has given me, I am finding out more and more of his will for my life! May you be encouraged, as well,my dear friend!
Ephesians 5:15-17
15Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.