Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More on the boots

No clipping of boots tonight. I do not know if it is the cold or the over saturation of moisture, but the ol' boots are not making much noise tonight.
I closed the barn up tight tonight. A bitter wind was whipping into my horsey house this evening, blowing hay and bedding all over the place; not to mention tales and manes. I need to get the clasps fixed that hold the stall doors closed. I can lock the bottom half of the dutch style doors, but I cannot fasten the top to the bottom. Hence, even if the bottom is locked the top could swing open and allow the wind to continue to swirl inside. I had to use some baler twine to tie the top the bottom.

I am thinking we are like this, well me anyway. I sort of try and guard my heart and mind. I figure if I make the effort I should get the credit. Right? Wrong! If I had not taken the extra time to make sure the doors were fastened tight, the wind would continue to come in and continue to make the barn uncomfortable. Now it is warm and secure.

Lesson: Take the extra effort required to protect ourselves from ourselves, to guard our hearts, to keep out thoughts pure, and to run from temptation. I want to be challenged not to simply yank the door shut behind me but to turn, make sure it is latched, and to solidly bolt the door.
Proverbs: 4:23 -
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

No comments: