Thursday, January 11, 2007

Weary Start

Psalm 18: 29 With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. 30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. 31 For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? 32 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. 33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. 34 He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Dragging a bit this morning. The chill is still a refreshing boost, but my body seems to beg for its bed. Heh heh. Even my CD in the computer is sluggish.

I have most of the chores finished but have dallied here in the office for too long. I love this psalm. I think I could use Psalm 18 for my only Bible reading. It seems to contain so much. I choose these verses to remind myself that God is my strength and He will pick me up and carry me through all my chores, not just the farming ones. My day stretches ahead of me like a winding road that twists out of sight just ahead. I know I only need the strength for the very next step; what lies ahead is in His hands not my own. Good thing 'cause I would most likely crawl into the bed over there and layer myself under a huge pile of blankets. And stay there.

But, since the Lord God says stand up and go, I go. I do not even need to bend a bow of bronze, just grain the whinnies and get to the house to put on street clothes. My son Ned is off to a men's retreat this afternoon. I folded and ironed some of his laundry last evening. It was left in various stages all over the kitchen and bathroom; in all fairness the bathroom contains the washer and dryer. Yet in order for me to tidy the kitchen I had to re pile his heaps, so it seemed just as easy to fold and iron. Of course by the time I was done I was too tired to finish the kitchen. Sorry Ali, she was here this morning. I do love that girl. I digress. My point being I should not have much "have to dos" when I get to the house. Much less than bending any bows or any such thing. I am sure my God will sustains me.
Off to finish feeding and then back to the house.
sek

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I am so proud of you. You have been regularly blogging. You have also been regularly challenging me on pushing yourself to get the daily chores done. Thank you. I have been keeping up with my daily reports instead of putting them off until the end of the week and then driving myself crazy. I don't think I love to work as much as you do though... wish I did... I love the sloth, all curled up in the tree, comfy, sleeping and eating... that's me :)