Saturday, January 13, 2007

These Boots were Made for Walking

I love the sound of my boots on the barn aisle floor. Confident, strong, firm. Turning off the lights tonight, I again smiled while my weary feet sing across the floor. A little sappy I know. But I am a woman of simple pleasures. I read a story by a writer friend; she describes the sound of her heels clicking down a hallway on her way to an interview, as a no-traditional IUP graduate, seeking her first professional job. Got all that? Big sentence, deep meaning for us almost and over 50 folks.

My family waits in the house with dinner. Two cats are purring furiously, and gazing in rapt attention at my fumbling fingers, in attempts to nonchalantly land on the keyboard. It as been a good day. Like I said I am a woman of simple pleasures. I fed each of the horses a couple of mini carrots as I turned out the lights. The firm crunching sound is another of my favorite things. I should break into Julie Andrews song, or not.
OK, I MUST get to the house and...oops the phone. They are going to eat without me. I'm out of here.

No comments: