Saturday, January 20, 2007

Repent

Ac 8:22 -
Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive you for having such a thought in your heart


OK, any Bible studiers will be able to tell I took this verse out of context. In fact I do not even know what the context is. I simply did a search on the word "repent" 'cause I knew that is what I have to do. I just screamed at my son and my husband, for not saying it was OK that I had
screamed at my son. How sick is that? Ick! Yuck! Man, I can sure be a monster. I feel like such a witch. I know I am not a witch. I know I am forgiven as soon as I repent. BUT anyone who has ever unleashed the wrath of mom on anyone, any-child, knows the sorrow I feel. OH GOD, cleanse my heart of vile. careless words.

One of my favorite mom mantras was, is, "...the anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God. AND it never gets you what you want anyway." All anger ever does is bore into our peace, our joy, our relationships; and wreak havoc.

I not only have to ask my young son to forgive me, I must pray that God repairs his tender heart.

I still have to finish the night chores, alone. Yep, in my anger I banished my helper to the house. Some justice is swift.

No comments: