Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Biscuits n Gravy

Just finished enjoying a sumptuous breakfast cooked up by Ned n Hannah. Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits n gravy. The day is rainy and cool, but a good time to relax and reflect. Sat by the dock this morning reading a bit and enjoying God's glorious backdrop. Now my belly's full and my heart content.
Played Pit last night with Kathy and her mom. Hannah, Ned, Jer, and I enjoyed the raucous trading game. Drew and Jr. sat in the living room chatting and sifting through farming magazines. Hannah kept the lead until we stooped for pie and coffee.
When we came home Jer got to see Jiffy Pop, pop for the first time, every kid should get that experience.

As far as the marsh...the bugs were only bad when be went ashore for a bathroom break. One foot on the shore brought our every swarming creature appeared ready for lunch. First time a restroom break ever required bug spray. Otherwise, only pristine hills, blue sky, and a scattering of water flowers. I have pictures, but I have not downloaded them to the computer yet.

Ned wants to check his email, and I need to stretch my legs and put on some day clothes. We may going for a drive since its raining and hit a few antique shops. See Vic we can meander and as long as you don't have to pee the bugs are not so bad in the marsh.

3 comments:

Roberto said...

Wow, what I notice is that even if I tune out the specific activities you're doing, the joy and relaxation come through. What an amazing time you're having, Sandy! Enjoy you family and this time! Once you come back to "the real world," all of this stuff seems to fade faster than we'd like it to...

Roberto said...

Thursday, 31 July 2008

And that breakfast, yesterday, sounds great!

I'm headed out for an 8-10 hour day with one of my... problem sites. Seriously. 8-10 hours. And then I drive to Carlisle, to sleep... perchance to dream... and all day and night Friday I'm at Williamsgrove Speedway, in Mechanicsburg, helping out with a SWAN Adoption/Permanency Matching Event. Yes, nothing goes with adoption and matching children (who will be present, and have their photos plastered everywhere, including on the cars) like nitro burning funny cars. Or whatever. Then it's back... late, again, to the hotel, to sleep. Saturday morning I'm up and on the road, as there's a parent-teen administration meeting at the church I need to help lead. Then it's onto my office, to finally print the 500 name badges and name tags and certificates for the big weekend conference my "product line" is having next weekend, at Juniata College. Then home, to sleep and do laundry. Then it's Sunday, and there's a Youth Camp follow-up/debriefing meeting after church and then I have a caregroup picnic to attend. Monday? Back in Harrisburg. Tuesday? Again in Harrisburg.

It's not as bad as it all sounds, but I'll take any sympathy and pity I can get! Join the PPR Society! That's the Poor, Pitiful Robert Society! Operators are standing by!

Vicki said...

Rob, you are doing such good work though... think of the difference you are making...

I am a little jealous about the SWAN event though. I am still really hoping to adopt (2 young girls (sisters)in the 5-10 age range) so if you see two cuties... let me know...

Realistically though I still have to take my classes (the month of September) and then have the home study done (hopefully in October) so I have a ways to go yet. I don't think my dream of having two kids by Christmas will come true... Maybe by spring...

(I know you think I am nuts and living in the LA LA land of craziness - but it is still on my heart. I will keep going forward until the Lord shuts the door.)