Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dory Day

Tomorrow is Dory Day. At least that is what I am dubbing it. The vet will be here sometime in the afternoon to determine Dory's state of pregnancy/non-pregnancy. Many friends have expressed to "having a good feeling" about the whole thing. I wish I felt so certain. I know whatever the turnout, it is by Divine Design as all of life is.

Jeff my blacksmith was here today. I just love him. I have learned so much from listening to his stories and advice. I try to gently pick his brain every time he comes. Plus, I can judge the growth/progress of my animals by his periodic visits. When he first started coming Sonny, Cool, and later my baby Mia, and Poco were all at different and sometimes difficult stages in their behaviour and development. Because he comes every eight weeks or so for the last three years I can see by how they behave for him, how he judges their behavior, and improvement in their manners and general development. Don't know if that all makes sense but it is always an encouraging day for me.

Rode Mia again tonight and again she responded well. I am anxious to get more serious about her riding when we get home from Canada. She too was very good for Jeff today. She is growing up very nicely. When I come home I also want to start working with Dory again. If Hannah does not have time to ride her I am going to put a few saddle hours on her myself. I think I can start slow and gradually get her used to having a rider again. She has been on sick leave since January because of her bad knee. She is such a smart little lady and very easy to handle.

OK enough horse prattle. I must get some sleep. Much packing to do tomorrow. Our estimated tome of departure is eightish Friday morning. Shew, in need of buckets of Grace.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I thought we were gonna get house pics...

Have a great trip. Hope Dory is prego... Keep us posted. And make it full of details... just for Rob... because we know he loves it so much...

Roberto said...

Have a great time in Canada! It always sounds/looks like such a relaxing and fun time...

I have to present at a big meeting, today, in Harrisburg (and had dinner with the president of the company, last night, who paid for my meal... BONUS!), so I'm keeping this short, as I practice in front of the mirror, one more time...

Sandy kimmel said...

Oh Rob, I am so proud...you will be wonderful.

House pics will come, too tired last night. sorry

Roberto said...

A discussion after lunch ran long, and bumped my presentation, as well as one or two others, to another meeting. It's cool.

I've been learning a lot more about how companies as large as mine, and, well, like mine in terms of politics, work. And yet, I've become less cynical. Go figure.

Actually, go God! I keep remembering who I need to please, and while I need to please my boss, yes, it's God that's ultimately in charge and who has a plan for me all worked out. That simple, obvious, realization keeps making my days better and better, lately.

I've got more (of course), but it's 9:25 and I'm not home, yet. Gonna get off the 'net and get myself home.

What's the deal with Dory? Be as graphic as you like, I'll just mentally substitute words like "iPod" and "MacBook" for words that make me uncomfortable... that way, it will be FUN to read about all that... stuff.

Man, I'm glad I'm a guy.

Vicki said...

Wow Rob. This job has really been used by the Lord to sanctify you. Many good things are coming from it.

Well, today I got some news... but you will have to read my blog to get the details...

Touch base Sandy - we'll miss you.