Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot Day

I guess you are right Rob, its a very busy time. I have not even been on my computer all week. No lazy summer days around here. My trip to Ohio went well. Jer was a great travel partner and only gabbed a good bit instead of constantly. Ha Ha. Mia is home and doing great. She is still a baby but she is a joy to ride and only gets edgy when something new comes up. And her edgy is not awful. I think she is going to make a great horse. She will be a blast on the trails.

No news on Dory until Wednesday. The vet will be out in the afternoon. I pray she is in foal. I know God will sustain us through all disappointment and trial. But besides the huge monetary investment we have in this it has been an emotional roller coaster. I have been giving her medicine orally for a few days and will continue until the vet check. It is a hormone to keep her progesterone at a healthy level for maintaining pregnancy, in case that has been a problem.

My house is coming along. Water and electric are connected to the house. The electric works, but the water line does not run all the way to the well, but I guess that is an easy fix for Drew. The front yard has been rough graded and after the porch goes on they will finish that up too, I think. The shingles are on the roof and a few walls have been studded in on the inside. I do not have pictures of the inside as they did that today, and I only heard about it from Drew.

I think Allen and Stacey have a place to live, his mom has rented a place out behind the Holiday Inn, a big old farm house I believe. It sounds wonderful. I am very grateful that God has provided. Bev will be living with them and will be a big help I am sure. I just love them all so much. I am very happy about the relationship that Bev and I have enjoyed over the years. I count her as one of my dearest friends. I am also happy that the kids will be closer. I hope I can be more of a support than in the past. I have struggled with not being able to be more helpful or being a more involved grandma. The driving distance has been a challenge for me. The animals take so much time too that getting away for very long takes some effort.

Well I have tried twice to post a few recent pictures but to no avail. I will try again another time.
Trusting God every step every day.

4 comments:

Roberto said...

Saturday, 19 July 2008

My little $88 window air-conditioner was fighting hard against the heat and humidity, but, still, at 3 AM I was awake. I've been spoiled by Comfort Suites.

Anyway, got up and went to the car wash and cleaned my car for a few hours... wash, wax, etceteras. I used to be able to blame the condition of my car, particularly the interior, on the kids I was transporting, but since I've not had anyone under 21 in my car for the past year, I guess I'm to blame for the petrified french fries and multitude of Sheetz paraphernalia.

I love Sheetz. Especially the newer and bigger ones that have panninis, sell gelato, and have free wifi. I almost really could live in there.

Paid $3.95 for gas, which is cool.

So anyway after that I came back and mopped my apartment, did some dishes, and rearranged the piles of papers I have everywhere.

I'd like to see the new Batman movie, however the pervasive "viral" marketing has almost turned me off to it. Plus Fox News (fair and balanced!) said yesterday that 97% of all available tickets for Friday through Sunday were already sold out, through Fandango and MovieFone. Yeah, maybe next weekend i'll catch it along with the new X-Files movie.

Work is... weird, still. I'm starting to get a little paranoid, like you were, Vicki, about what I say on here. My company is rapidly growing, having expanded into New York, Maryland, Ohio, North Carolina, and Louisiana in the past year, and I learned yesterday through a 3/4 inch thick proposal, that we may be putting foster care into... Kansas. I'm afraid that we're growing too fast, and that we're going to become this big corporate thing, and lose the good relationships we've worked hard to develop on the local levels.

Man, I sound so sold-out and corporate.

Joe and I spent Tuesday at what will likely be the new youth camp location (in the future... not immediately). Nice! And it's good to get to spend the day with Joe... a lot of laughter and a lot of good talking, as well.

I think I'm going to finish the most recent Godzilla movie I got from Netflix: Invasion of the AstroMonster, also known as The Monster from Planet X (Godzilla is stolen by Planet X to fight their monster, which is similar to earth's King Ghidora).

So much good news, Sandy! Having horses sounds more and more like men having fancy cars: lots of expenses, more or less on a regular basis. And your house coming together is also cool.

Gonna get some other work done while I still have the motivation and before the oppressive heat returns. See y'all later!

Vicki said...

You are excited that you spent $3.95 for gas???

I just saw the new Batman movie with my mom. Still trying to figure out how I feel about it.

My mom thought it was too dark. I was ok with that, but there were a few surprises I didn't like. It was a long movie (2 hours and 45 minutes) plus the 20 minutes of previews.

The movie sounded a little muffled as well so I missed a lot of it. I will have to rent it on DVD and use the subtitles.

We bought our tickets the night before. It was crowded, but I don't think sold out. We saw it in Indiana. I kinda wish we went to Delmont - that long a movie - it would have been nice to have more comfortable seats.

I would love to see some pictures of your house Sandy. My mom is here this weekend spending the night. We would love to see some pics.

Hang in there Rob. You are one of the good guys that care and can really make a difference.

So where is the new youth camp site possibly going to be? Can you tell or is it a secret. It seems weird not being a part of YC anymore. I am going to start taking on more children's ministry stuff.

Well, I hope you are all staying cool. I have three AC's going. My spare room, my room, and the living room. I am sure my electric bill will be nice and big.

See you all tomorrow.

Roberto said...

Vicki, besides being assaulted by all the hype, I read this "review" by one of my favorite bloggers... you may want to scroll down and read his "review" of Wall-E, as well. He's on sabbatical this month, but has still posted these two great items.

The Dark Knight of the Soul

Roberto said...

I've not seen the new Batman, yet, but probably will this week or weekend.

I did see --- and like --- Wall-E. I had some faint inklings of the stuff going on that Brant talks about in his "review," but i liked how he crystalized it.

He's very recently become a nationally syndicated radio host... he's been a DJ at a Christian radio station for years. I've been following his blog for about three years... he actually has two or three, including one on his home radio station's website. He suffers from Major Depression, and talks, occasionally, about how that's going.

As a young man, I'd read books and wish I could meet and be friends with the author. Blogs are the closest way I'll do that, for the most part, and he's very down-to-earth and a pleasure to read. Spend some time poking around the archives, or clicking on his tags, on the right, and enjoy!