Monday, July 28, 2008

Pictures Maybe




I am going to try and up/download some pictures from tonight's fishing. We had a good time again. If only Drew and Ned could catch some fish though. Us armatures just used worms and hooks, but the pros use fancy lures and wonder wobblers or some such gizmos.
I reeled in a nice small mouth bass tonight, yep just a worm and a hook. But the river is beautiful and except for the jet skis and power boats very peaceful. Tomorrow we will go up the river the other way deep into the marshes that is always a good time, much more pristine.
I am only going to try and get one pic at at time to see if that helps. The Internet is kinda slow up here and often times out before I can finish a job. Whoops there it is first picture. Hannah and her fish, and Ned. Ha Ha.

OK, try again; I am going for two this time, and then I am off to bed.

We had the best nachos ever, probably not as good as some Rob has had in Arizona but for Canada, darn tasty. The chips were homemade, smothered with cheese, hot peppers, fresh green onions, and shredded chicken. Yummm, but not so good for 9:30 PM...

Second batch of pictures did not come up. Maybe tomorrow. No, got one of Drew, but not the scenery one. OK, nite all.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

You are looking forward to going into the marshes??? Won't there be a lot of bugs/mosquitos? I love you guys, but I don't think I could vacation with you...

Kathie and I were just talking about the importance in finding someone who vacations the same way you do... She and I like to go to the antique shops, sleep in, and call it a day around 6ish and have a good dinner and just relax in the evening. We don't plan a lot and just wing it. We usually don't reserve a hotel room ahead of time... just drive until we feel like stopping and avoid an agenda as much as possible.

Lazy sloths would describe our vacation...

Roberto said...

Thanks for the photos and updates, Sandy! It sounds like you're all having a good time.

Gotta get moving... I'm in Carlisle, right now, and have a meeting in Harrisburg is a bit.

Have a great day, everyone!

Roberto said...

WARNING! DANGER!

Sasquatch sighting in Ontario!!!11one!1!!

Vicki said...

I remember years ago driving through Jeannette and seeing a guy wearing a black turtleneck while mowing the grass in the middle of an extremely hot summer day. I was thinking maybe he had some kind of problem he was hiding. Maybe he couldn't get any sun exposure... I don't know.

Well I drove back past where the guy was a few minutes later and realized he wasn't wearing a turtleneck... he wasn't wearing any shirt at all...

Ugh! Sasquatch like...

Hope you guys had a good day in the swamp.

Johanna said...

Sounds fun to me, isn't it grand how wonderfully diverse God's people are, what a creative God making marsh people and anti-marsh people :)
The vacation sounds great, and you're blogging. Had to catch up reading your posts as I haven't been on (I haven't blogged either.) Life's been crazy preparing for Matthew's Eagle Scout ceremony, which is behind us (whew.)Had tons of family visiting. Sara went down to VA with my mom this week. Today I'm off to Covenant Life for the Psalms worship conference, looking forward to a time devoted to the word and worship. Ask me to tell you a story about Dorey when we come back. Be refreshed, relaxed, recharged in Jesus...enjoy your getaway!