Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Oops...I did it again

Dropped my cell phone in the toilet that is. In a public restroom. Enough said. I did everything right and then did it all wrong 'cause I have an impatient nature. Reached, grabbed, laid it on the counter and tore off the back; and took out the battery. Dried it off the best I could with a paper towel, after which I dropped all the pieces in my purse and fumed out of the ladies room. Later, it seemed to be dry so I put it back together and turned it on. Powered 'er up; it looked good. Alas though, power was all I had; the neither of the keyboards worked. Can't answer a ring, or make a call, can't text, can't check my calender; whatever will I do tomorrow. How will all my business associates, or companions get in touch with me, or me with them? How will I know how tomorrow's breed goes? I could use an old fashioned land line except all my phone numbers are buried in the dead washed out cell phone.
Otherwise, a pretty quiet day for me...oh maybe because I did not have a cell phone for over half of it, over half the day that is.

Vic, I meant you would lecture me about too many ibuprofen.

Care group tomorrow, and I am going. So everyone ask me about it to hold me accountable.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I might be getting together with Lynne B. tonight, so I won't be at care group. But she is getting ready to host the rehersal dinner for the Altrogge wedding so she might cancel. In that case, I will see you there.

Well the dog is still joined at my hip. She won't let me out of her sight and has to be touching me at all times. I think she is afraid I will leave too.

Last night we laid on the floor sharing a pillow watching TV. She acts almost human at times... that is until she got up and stood over me dripping drool all over me.

well, gotta get to work... sittin' on the couch my feet up, and the dog breathing on my arm. I just have to keep her drool off my keyboard... it could have the same result as your phone...

Another hard day at work... :)

Roberto said...

Thursday, 10 July 2008

I missed care group, and I think we were to talk about last Sunday's message, which has had a great impact on me (as I'm starting to do the "woe is me" thing, related to work, at times). I downloaded and have re-listened to the message several times, and keep being amazed at how easily I get upset when things don't go my way and don't see things as having a purpose. If I'm having a rough time with parts of work, I need to rejoice and thank God for putting these situations here to help me grow. Both you, Sandy, and Vicki have been an amazing example of this, going through trials and issues and yet praising God. I'm such a baby, in this area!

Anyway... no comment on the dropping of the cell phone into a public commode. There's a lot that I could say (and a hilarious five-minute bit David Sedaris has about people using phones [of any kind] in the bathroom), but I'll just... let it go.

Gotta get moving... it's almost 9AM already! A good night's sleep, here in Chambersburg, but a long day... I'll be home tonight, and am not currently scheduled to go anywhere, tomorrow!

Vicki said...

Well my porch is finally screened in. I have pics on my blog. I also have David and Sarah's first kiss on there too. She is so cute as she is bouncing around excited.

I can't wait to enjoy my porch BUG-FREE!!! Yeah! (You know that is important to me Sandy...) :)