Sunday, July 27, 2008

fishing n stuff

Just got in from a evening of fishing up river. Hannah and I caught the most fish, with her snagging the biggest. We had a fun time. The day started a little stressful, but has ended with peace and laughter. God is so good. Funny when I started praying instead of whining and wallowing in despair, moods improved and joy invaded.

The weather is cool and comfortable, not the blasting heat we had the last few years. I do hope we get enough sun at least one day for the fam to ski and tube. I am usually a watcher/spotter but it is a real blast. Drew's specialty is seeing how quickly he can dump whoever is desperately clutching the ski rope handle. We read the directions on the inter tube once just for fun...all the activities they suggest/instruct are dangerous are the ones our family considers are the most enjoyable. Huh!

Jer's hot dogs are cooked. So I guess I'll grab some grub.

2 comments:

Roberto said...

That sounds like an old western line: "Forget about it, Jer: your hot dogs are cooked."

Glad you're having a great time! We all need times to refresh and recharge... how blessed we are to be able to take them when we need to, huh?

Maureen sent me an e-mail from Arizona, where it was 109 (the low, in Phoenix, about two weeks ago, was 93... let me say that again: that was the LOW).

Looking forward to more updates... thanks for taking time to do that, Sandy.

Vicki said...

Is Arizona always that hot? Maureen should have gone in the fall... I don't think I could ever live somewhere that was 109 degrees. I am about as far south as I can stand.

I wonder if I had been born in a nasty climate like Florida if I would think it was horrible. If I grew up around it would I be used to the climate? Would I sweat all the time or living indoors year round? I love the PA climate. But is that because I grew up with it or because this is the climate that suits me best... hmmm

Just something to ponder...