Tuesday, November 06, 2007

All that Jazz

With all that being said about whether to Mac or not, this post will last only as long as my neck can crane hard to the left whilst. I am lying in bed typing; with my laptop on well, on my lap, plunking away on the keyboard of my computer. An old monitor set up on a TV stand beside the bed is rigged into the laptop. Of course if I move the wrong way the port slips out and I am left with two blank screens. Too lazy to sit at the table I have rigged this set up in my room. Of course if I cannot move my neck tomorrow I will be sorry and regret my slacker driven ingenuity.

I guess my neck is starting OT cramp with intensity. And Drew has come to bed mocking my mess of cords and such. He said "blogging" our loud a few times just to laugh at how funny it sounds. Ha, heh, time for bed for me.

Zulu got her shoe back on today, she threw one a week or so ago.
Janet and I did not ride, sissed out because of the bitter wind.
Boiled a chicken for soup, and then did not have half the stuff to finish it.
Helped Jer study for a couple for tests.
Read the Bible with Jer.
Did not go to 4H meeting.
Hummm, 'bout all for today.
I am sure something funny happened, just can't seem to think of anything right now.
Oh, I voted did you?

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Not "the church," proper, but many of the people in it. Mock us at your peril, Vicki.

- - -

Here I sit on the floor of my upgraded suite (sweet!) in Harrisburg, eating Chinese take-out, watching Rachel Ray do like ten meals in 30 minutes and mocking people who eat take out all the time...

Crazy-insane day at work... placing kids, staff leaving, parents training, parents threatening to quit, general panic, cats and dogs living together... 21 e-mails in a three hour period... multiple cell calls... a video conference (cool!)... and rubbing elbows with a senator... all in a day's work.

Heh. Whew, what a day.

- - -

So, while the snow flurries were flying (kinda-sorta) yesterday, I called my mom, who clicked over to The Weather Channel and told me it was 92 in Tucson. I'm REALLY looking forward to spending a week or so there!

As commercials and that weird Wendy's sign says: I DESERVE it! ("You deserve a hot, juicy burger")

- - -

What's up with that? Rachel Ray keeps talking about how I DESERVE comfort food, etceteras. I need to REWARD myself.

The world would agree, I'm sure, but how much WE know that I --- nor anyone else --- deserves anything more than hell.

Oh --- she's making a gorgonzola version of a mac & cheese sauce... that she's going to pour over mini veal meat-loaves. Wait, I DESERVE that. Mmm... now she's adding garlic...

Gotta go. Hope your neck feels better!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have come to care group tonight Sandy. I was really wanting to come since it was at your house. I am expecting a few crisis calls though... 5 out of 6 of my kids are in crisis... It has been a really hard two weeks.

One of these days we will see each other... maybe spring? :)
Vicki