Friday, November 30, 2007


Something Old Something New

Welcome, Ms. Housewife. Thanks for joining us in the blogging room. I hope you enjoy your stay. Here at this ranchero we have five sons and seven horses. Of course three of the boys have their own homes, and only two still live at home, The older, soon to be 21; will probably be here only a short time longer. Ahhh, they grow up so very quickly. Ned, he was my first baby, youngest before Jer.

The picture above is from 4H Roundup a year ago. Jer took Poco this year. I have been trying to find good pictures of all the gang, but unfortunately Jer and Poco fill the mose space on my computer. Zulu is the black horse above. She and Cool were are first horses. We had just those two for a year or so before we started getting all crazy about it. Yeesh...We got big quick, good thing we are not into rabbits. Heh. Zulu, the queen of mean, is drop dead gorgeous. A guy driving by on the road 200 yards from the pasture asked Drew about her one day. The truck driver did not know they belonged to Drew, well me, but anyway he knew Drew lived in the area and asked who owned the black mare, he was going to buy her. Drew kind of chuckled and said he did not think she was for sale. The trucker insisted saying he had the money, still not knowing she was our horse. Drew told him he did not think his son would sell him. Ha. Ha. Anyway she is an eye catcher. She is wonderful with people unless you want to ride her when she is not in the mood. She hates all the other horses in our herd, except maybe for Cool, my horse we just lost. And honestly, I think she has been way crankier than usual since Cool's passing, like she is grieving but does not know how. When she has an experienced rider on her she moves like warm oil, an incredible thing to watch.

OK, I have to get some sleep, Drew accepted an invitation to a Christmas party in Pittsburgh tomorrow night, the offer includes a room overlooking the Point. Nice deal I guess, but I am overwhelmed by the physical effort the whole thing will require. I am sure God will uphold me, but the drive, there will be 900 people there, dancing, which we all know I cannot do with out falling over, I have to find horse care for two feedings, and Jer care for overnight. Yikes, better get to bed.
Remember His Goodness and Rejoice in all things.

5 comments:

Roberto said...

This is spam. Use the Google translate function to go from Portuguese to English. Or, if you have a Mac, just select the text and... oh, sorry you guys.

Nothing naughty, it's about getting speedy internet in Brazil, should you be interested in that.

Isso é selvagem, homem! Mas refrigere-o, você freaking Vicki para fora!

Anonymous said...

Alright, back to the couch...
I rented Amazing Grace and plan on watching it today in between loads of laundry.

I am going a little crazy on this years Christmas presents for my dad's side of the family. New rules. My dad decided we were all poor so we weren't going to buy any gifts this year. Instead we are re-gifting. Sounds like fun, except my place is girly. What do you give a 71 year old man who doesn't read and has limited computer skills? We are not allowed to buy anything. It must be a re-gift. This is really hard. I might make him some food, although technically that is not a re-gift, I think I can slide with that. My niece is easy - she is getting my grandmother's china and my goldware. (My dad thought we had to have goldware instead of silverware because we are... Gold's.) I never use it, she will, so I am re-gifting it. It will be from the whole family though. Last year I bought for about 17-20 people. It was pretty expensive. Family wise, I am only buying this year for my mom, step-dad, brother, and sister-in-law. Everyone else decided not to exchange gifts. It is really nice. We can sit by a fire, play games, tell stories, and just enjoy each others company. I think this will be the best Christmas yet.

Anyway, off to look under the bed... you never know what's hiding there... (Hey dad, Merry Christmas, here is a giant dust ball just for you...)
Vic

Anonymous said...

Vicki, maybe you could give your dad a pillow or throw or something like that? Or, a plant, or the remains of a plant (well, that doesn't sound like a very nice gift, does it?) Anyway, I think that is a great idea (re-gifting). Certainly will cut down on your expense, and your clutter too. Maybe I should consider it. :)

I loved the pix of Jer & Zulu, SAndy, it was/is adorable. The boys are watching the game. I have loads of ... waht else ... dishes and laundry to do. Ever since I hurt my head, I do not get either done. It's crazy.

Love, J

Anonymous said...

Just had to post again ... this is a warning to those of you who are on my gift list ... watch out you don't get the remains of a plant.... which is what it would be if I re-gifted a plant that (tried to) survive at my house.

Perhpas I am better off keeping my clutter and buying presents. J

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy,
Make sure you tell us about your big night out... did you kick your heels up and dance a little?
Vic