Monday, November 12, 2007

I lost my second horse today. Actually she was my first horse, but the second horse that I lost. I have tried several times to upload a picture of her to the blog, but something is foul. It says it is uploading it in jpeg, but then a bunch of jumble comes up. I guess that is how I feel anyway, all jumbled up inside. Cool was my horse, my friend, my confidant when I did not want my secrets shared. She woke up sick; the vet came; we took her to the hospital, an operation ensued and she was gone. We knew when she went into the OR that her chances were slim. Many were praying, but the damage to her gut was too severe. Horses are such funny animals when it comes to their digestion.

I am sad, very sad. My eyes ache from to many tears. My heart is numb from the suddenness of it all, last week we rode, now she's gone.

I need to get to sleep, and my tapping is keeping Drew awake. Cool was a loyal friend, a fun companion, and a darn good horse. Her loss will be felt my human and equine alike. Even Lucy the dog has been glued to my side. She sat in the stall until the vet came, waiting, keeping me company and hanging with her pal. Still I will yet Praise Him, in all seasons.

3 comments:

Roberto said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Sandy. I'm glad that, through this trial, you're keeping your eyes on God. That inspires and motivates ME.

I need to get on the road, to Harrisburg... I'll be in Arizona late (late!) Thursday night, or nearly 3 AM, PA time.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I am so sorry. You have had Cool for a long time and I know that she was a dear friend and a favorite horse.

I didn't even know she was ill which makes it even harder when a dear friend goes suddenly.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Vic

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
So sad to hear this. I pray you feel the presence of the Lord near to you as you mourn, He is your ever-present help in time of need. I am so sorry,will call tomorrow. Love you,
Johanna