Friday, November 09, 2007

New Computer Day 2

Still cannot get my Outlook to receive mail; I have followed the directions on several different help sites, only to get the "error" message every time I try and send and receive mail. Frustrating. Also, I have tried to download my "stuff" on to a CD to load into my new machine only to come up with messages as to why I have encountered an error AGAIN, and cannot save stuff to a CD. I used to could do that. Is my computer sick or am I really losing the little techie sense I had? Ned...lot a help that Apple Boy is, he just shakes his head and says, "no comprende no weendows." Humph! Mac snobs.

Spent some time with a friend today, had a blast as usual. My friend has some limits to his communication skills, but since I am pretty good at talking to myself anyway, I do not need much encouragement to go on about what's on my mind. But I was really excited today I think we are going to collaborate together on a secret project, sort of secret anyway, Heh, Heh, inquiring nebbos will just have to wait.

Jer was off school today. I always love those days, get to have him home, don't have to school him. Best of both worlds. He was a pretty good helper in the barn, went up to do the evening chores without being asked. Was even pleasant about it all.

Rob said something in a comment about watching out for crusty hidden attitudes,please know I welcome all comments, not just the ones that make me feel creative and witty. Adjustment and input are good for the soul. With my boy nasty attitudes are not so hidden. He is struggling with several biggies. I am trying to walk him through with grace, learning from and leaning on the Holy Spirit to guide me in discerning what is a punishable offence and what has to be realized in his own heart before God. Sometimes its both. You know this was easier when I still possessed a higher level of estrogen coursing though my pituitary. Couple those hormonal losses with my screwed up thyroid and you can end up with one nasty mama. Ha, well not so nasty; more like overwhelmed and simply cerebrally challenged. Feeling real dumb to be plain about it. I do trust that God is bigger than my limitations and will ultimately guide Jer and I to His throne of Grace for Mercy in this time of great need; Jer's growing testosterone levels, my declining estrogen levels.

Yikes, I just looked over and my clock on my new computer is two hours slow. Spose I will have to fix that too. Shouldn't some satellite far above the atmosphere zero in on my little Dell and beam in the correct time? Yish!

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Heh, I must've posted my last comment to your previous entry as you were posting this entry.

- - -

Hands down, and I don't think you'll find anyone to argue with this: Macs are easier to use. In fact, that's what caused them to be the butt of so many geek jokes... geeks who didn't even like Windows, who wanted to memorize long strings of codes and commands, in DOS.

- - -

Home from my crazy week, and my big board meeting went well. Lots of stuff to work on, however, and the majority of my time, for the next month or so, still, is tied up in Meadville. I'm there tomorrow (greet at church and then drive to Meadville to train some staff and foster parents, then all day Monday and then more training Monday night) then a few hours back in Kittanning (literally, a few hours) and then I'm back to Harrisburg until Thursday, when I leave a meeting early to drive to Pittsburgh and fly away for nearly ten days. Arizona, here I come!

- - -

I got home, last night, and made some chicken wings and roasted a pound of peanuts to snack on while I watched the first disc in season 2 of Smallville.

- - -

Huh... it seems like I'm hijacking your blog comments to become my blog... well, that'll be over in a few days, as I'm going to avoid internet contact in Arizona, except for maybe three or four times, in a coffee shop.

Peace out, Sandy!

Anonymous said...

Roberto, you have a blog, but only Matt writes on it, so I guess you had to hijack Sandy's blog... and I have a blog, but it is easier to comment on Sandy's blog than think of what to write on my own, so Sandy, your blog has officially been hijacked...

I skipped church today because of a migraine... not looking forward to this next week. Praying the Lord will open a new door soon...

He gives strength to the weary...

Have a good week everyone. Enjoy the time with your mom Robert.

Vic