Friday, November 23, 2007

Day After

Today was a grand day. I am definitely whooped though. Got up a bit late, but was still in the barn by eight-thirty. Horses were ticked for sure, but they adjust quickly soon as they get their morning hay. Heh! Just like a pack of hungry men. I did not say much about yesterday, but it was a pretty cool day too, the best of days really. All my boys were here, my brother and his family, and my dad. Allen's kids, yes kids...Stacy has a a three year old, who is quickly becoming Allen's daughter. Kaleb, their almost six month old baby stole the day just by being the cutest guest. I put up the photos last night, but I am having some trouble editing the photos on the blog site. On my old laptop I used to be able to move them around easier; now pics do not even show up on the writing page, just a bunch of computer code. I suppose I will have to upload, or download, or overload some kind of upgrade. I imagine a Mac just comes with all that kind of stuff preloaded. Lucky Mac men.

Dinner went wonderful, the food was tasty; and Vic I had lots of help. I even got a bit of a nap. Drew roasted the turkey, the ham, and whipped up the deviled eggs. Stacy chopped the veggies for a relish tray; she also peeled and boiled the sweet potatoes. My hands cramp badly with too much peeling and chopping, so that was a huge help. I had boiled and mashed the white potatoes the night before, also baked the frozed pies. Ned and a friend baked pumpkin gooies,a yummy cream cheese and pumpkin cookie/cake bar, served up with Cool Whip. Mmmm Mmmm. I/we kept the kitchen sorta cleaned up as we went along, so it was not so awful this morning. My sister-in-law and Ned did a bunch of dishes and ran the dishwasher.I guess mostly it was just a blast the whole time, Wednesday, Thursday, and today.

My family, huh, usually at odds, or cranky, or just being a pain; they were all just wonderful. Wonderful!Definitely a day to be thankful for, a day to celebrate thankfulness in all its incredible, and credulous facets. I could not have asked for a better gift.

3 comments:

Roberto said...

Back home! Thanks for the coating of snow and ice on all the cars at the airport! Nice jolt back to reality, there!

- - -

Sandy, I'm so happy to read what you said about Thanksgiving, because, well, not all holiday get-togethers have been so pleasant.

- - -

I'm rapidly running out of steam, now, but I have the whole weekend off! I was going to have to leave church and zip to Meadville for some foster parent trainings, but some of the families can't make it, and I'm more than happy to just drive up Monday morning instead.

Sandy kimmel said...

Oh Rob, I am really sorry you had to land back home during this miserable cold snap. But at least the sun is shining?! So good to have you home. Rest and enjoy your short weekend. Yes, it was a blessing to have a pleasant peaceful holiday. I am believing it to be a vision of things to come.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah, we are all back in the blog living room together. So glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Sandy. What a blessing. When you said kids there for a second I thought that Stacy was pregnant with twins... well it seems like Allen is settling into fatherhood and it is so wonderful that the family is together.
~~~
I love Drew's deviled eggs... mmm I could go for one (or two) right now... but I have left over ribs that I will have instead... (Ribs really are my favorite food.)
~~~
Welcome home Robert. Hope you had a great visit with your mom.
~~~
(I have to say I have been seeing all of these Mac commercials and hearing all of these Mac/Dell stories... When my computer dies someday (many years from now)... I might consider a Mac... maybe...)
~~~
See ya in church tomorrow...

Vic