Thursday, November 15, 2007



Ya'll pull up a chair...
and set a spell.
Heh, Heh?

I cannot believe I got up three times, well went back downstairs three times, which is worse really, to get the Reader's Digest and I forgot to pick it up each trip down the stairs. The quote I wanted to ah,... ah quote from was by Denzel Washington. I don't want to take the fire out of any future yarn I may spin. But I am just aching to explore or, expound upon his words, especially since the subject of the unmentioned quote is so where I am right now.

Trusting God when you do not like where He has taken you, or rather you, OK or rather I, I am not happy about what He has allowed to be take from you/me. We all mourn, grieve in different ways; not all of us sob wrenching sobs for hours upon end. Maybe, some, myself, sob wrenching sobs for short periods of time, at random times, alone.

I am positive beyond all doubt that my God lives, that He has all things under His control. Part of the quote, which I am not going to use here so I can use it later, when I remember to have it in my hand when I sit to write; part of that quote said something like, "He's got me covered."

How much more eloquently can it be said? I have struggled for words to peck out, eloquently peck out, from my inner core kind of words, that would convey my grief and yet not undermine my bottom line spirit peace. Grace deep in my soul has pervaded throughout this week as I have walked out what I can only state has been and indescribable loss. My Cool was like a best friend. Non-horse folks can draw comparison to a long time family dog, loyal, obedient (sort of), affectionate, desiring affection, coffee loving, willing to lead or follow, and possessor of the largest deep brown eyes. When I say deep brown, I refer to a spirit that lay beneath the pigment, a being who would stare back into my eyes, and know. Know what? Just know.
Our last minutes together were spent like that, just staring, sharing the knowing. I cannot write that without my nose scratching and my eyes itching. I hesitate to even share it as it is such a deeply personal, intimate moment. Recording it seems almost blasphemous. Not against the Lord, surely you know, but almost a betrayal of a whispered confidence.

Enough.

Rob, I too would be sorry about your airport debacle, but I know how much you enjoy hotel lounging and random restaurant dining. The time at the airport sounds like airport H*&%l, but hey but tomorrow you will be in sunny Arizona being doted upon by the best doter around. How many boxes of ceral did she buy this time?

The love seat in the picture is similar to the one I want for my new house, so it may just be a pic I grabbed from the Internet or a prophetic vision of my new living room.

No comments: