Thursday, November 08, 2007

Spoiled Rotten Me

Well, here I go, typing on a new computer. I did not want a new computer. My old one was kind of like my friend. All my pictures, email addresses, notes, ramblings, eek Wade's book. The hassle of trying to transfer all my stuff from one to the other is almost overwhelming. No, it is overwhelming. I am sure Macs have some nifty program that makes it all so easy.

I was hoping to just use Drew's old computer, an HP laptop. I already have some of my stuff on it. But, this new one is buck naked. Ha, that's a funny way to put it. I know I should be grateful and I am, very grateful. Drew is very generous. He surprised me with this new Dell. I told him I was more than willing to use his or just keep toughing it out with my old one, extra monitor and all. The keys on this one are similar to Ned's Apple though. I do like the keyboard. I am tired beyond words and still have some tiding to do in the kitchen. No news here. Rode my horse for a bit. 'bout all. Oh except for Jer's teacher conference, got an excellent report. He is doing very well this year, having a few problems with pre-teen social issues, but just normal kid stuff. The school is very anxious to resolve anything of note. Jer is very almost 12. I need more estrogen to deal with this stuff; I was younger first time around.

3 comments:

Roberto said...

Dude, you gut a Dull.

Oops, my bad: I mean a "Dell."

Heh heh heh.

But a new lappy is a new lappy. Congrats!

- - -

Congrats, also, on Jer's good report from school. Can I caution you about something, though? Be careful about "normal kid stuff" and "pre-teen social issues," because it becomes too easy to downplay spiritual and character issues.

- - -

Cool, huh? Getting such "helpful feedback" in the comments of your fun blog. That's me!

- - -

Is your MS acting up? You mention feeling tired a lot, lately. Is it because of the weather change?

- - -

Hey, I did it again! It's me, Mr. Sensitivity! Mr. Encouragement!

Soon I'll be banned from your blog.

I think I'll get back to putting the finishing touches on my presentation I'm giving tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Dell. I like mine. Although I did have to deal with folks in India customer service for the first two months with some problems that I had, but after that it was fine.

I am trying not to be jealous that you had a copy of Wade's book on your computer. How did you manage that? I didn't know there were copies circulating...

Anyway, I am happy for you that you are keeping up your blog. At least you have two regular commenters...

I have taken a leave of absence from my blog since I am too busy with work right now. Maybe this weekend I will be inspired to write something...

Vic

Roberto said...

http://www.apple.com/getamac/movetomac/

It's even easier from one Mac to another.

- - -

Vicki... I had a copy of Wade's book on CD, but I think I finally gave it back to him. Ask for a copy, I don't think he'd mind sharing!

And... while I'm thinking about it(and yes, Sandy, all of this could/should be in an e-mail to Vicki, but your blog is like the new, cool, place to hang out and share information), Stash will let you return/exchange unopened bags of tea. I got some blood orange tea that I really didn't like, so they let me send back the three unopened bags (I do the buy three, get one free thing), and exchanged them for the Earl Gray I KNOW I like, and only charged me a small amount for shipping the Earl Gray back to me. It's worth a try.